Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Leash of Life

                                                                             



 Instead of leading as she usually does during our morning walk, today little Lilly decided to walk far behind me.  As I led the way, she was easily distracted and chose to chase birds, smell the air and eat bird poop (I know yuck, right!)

     She and I both had confidence in the leash, recognizing that it would keep her connected to me. As long as I held the leash and it was attached to her, she would be kept safe.  It was her life line. The Lord showed me that we too have a life line, a leash of sorts, by way of his Holy Spirit. On those days when we just can't seem to find our way and get off course, we can be confident knowing that his Holy Spirit will somehow draw us to where we need to go. Just as I gently drew Lilly toward the lake by way of the leash, He too will draw us on his path for us by way of His Spirit.  Let's face it, if we're honest we all have days like that; days we're just taggin' along in life, unfocused and easily distracted by life's circumstances. Thankfully for those of us who have accepted the gift of God's son, Jesus, we can be certain that even on those days, we have a wonderful life line that will never leave us stranded. He will never leave us nor forsake us.

Joshua 1:5
No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with youI will never leave you nor forsake you.



                                                                         
                                                                              ~GOD                             (google image)



No comments:

Post a Comment